Due to recent regulatory changes in Quebec, RAMQ will begin to pay for some pharmacy services effective immediately.
Some services that remain covered by Group plans will now be covered at 100% coinsurance, regardless of the level of reimbursement provided for in their plan. See below for the list of these services in addition, the list of new pharmacy services now covered.
Services covered 100% by private plans
· Change in drug therapy
· Therapeutic substitutions
· Post hospitalization care management service (New)
· Prescription of a drug
· Administering a drug to demonstrate its appropriate use
New services now covered by the RAMQ
· Emergency administration of certain drugs
· Initiation a drug therapy (including emergency oral contraception)
· Adjusting medication to meet therapeutic goals
· Modification of a drug therapy
· Assessment to extend a prescription and its extension
· Palliative care management service
· Request a consultation with another health professional
For additional information visit the RAMQ website
RAMQ is responsible for the sound management of the Québec Health Insurance Plan and of the Public Prescription Drug Insurance Plan. As part of its mission, it manages the eligibility of persons for the plans, monitors the remuneration of health professionals and facilitates access to health care.